Monday, October 26, 2009

Now

Right now I've gone back to practicing portraits. However, my intentions with these portraits is to learn the female face well enough to simplify them into my comic style. I feel, for the most part, that I understand how to manipulate the male face to get the expression I want. When I don't know how the anatomy or facial expression should look, I can always reference myself. But I find it much harder to give the female superhero a more feminine look.

Whenever I'm stuck in a rut and don't know what to do, I turn to portraits for practice. I feel as though right now Megan Fox is a highly idolized female figure, so I've been trying to find out why. Even while trying to understand the female structure with portraiture I still try and experiment.

This was the first time I've tried charcoal and colored pencils on colored paper. And the other one is also one of the first 'realistic' portraits I've attempted using Oil paints. It's a lot of fun experimenting with materials you don't usually use.





No comments:

Post a Comment